- Reunite with theatre friends April 23-25, 2010. For details and to RSVP, visit the Harper Joy Theatre Reunion Web site.
- See a gallery of photos by Andrew Propp ’10, who has spent his years at Whitman capturing the heart and action of HJT productions.
- Read a first-person account by Caitlin Goldie ’12 about the Canadian Fringe Theatre Circuit.
- See “A Century of Whitman Theatre” in photos at the Harper Joy Theatre Web site.
- Check out patrickpageonline.com, the Web site of actor Patrick Page ’85. It’s filled with insight for aspiring actors and fascinating reading and interesting photos for the rest of us!
- Connect with Harper Joy Theatre students, staff and alumni on Facebook
Withycombe named a Professor of the Year
Whitman professors rank No. 9 in the nation according to The Princeton Review’s annual guide, “The Best 371 Colleges.” The college ranks No. 20 in Kiplinger’s 2009 “Best Values in Private Colleges,” affirming the college’s ongoing commitment to academic quality and affordability.
- Whitman jumps to No. 20 in 2009 Kiplinger’s “Best Value” rankings
- 2009 rankings affirm excellence at Whitman
See video of the researchers in action at the Spokesman-Review.
Hear a selection from “Sculpture Garden” as performed by the Walla Walla Chamber Music Festival musicians
Want to learn what first-years are learning? The General Studies and Encounters Web site includes many links to texts, audio recordings and resources.
See a video excerpt from the Sherwood Rededication.
For more athletic news, scores and schedules, see Whitman Athletics.
When Nancy Sanford Hughes '63 was volunteering at a medical clinic in Guatemala, she grew frustrated by the children whose health conditions were severe — and avoidable. The culprit: open cooking fires in homes. In Central America, it's common for families to keep a fire burning inside the house all day, filling the small homes with smoke. Hughes and friends formed Stove Team International. The goal is to make each factory self-sufficient, so residents are running the factories on their own. More…
As the March 2010 launch date approaches, visit the Johnson Space Center site for the latest news on the STS-131 space shuttle crew and its mission.
The Whitman College and Northwest Archives includes many digital collections of historical documents and photos. A finding aid for the Thomas D. Howells Papers in the archives can be found here.
The “Journal of Wine Economics” is published by the American Association of Wine Economists. The journal’s managing editor is Karl Storchmann, Whitman associate professor of economics. See the journal and Hodgson’s papers at www.wine-economics.org.