Whitman students came from all corners of campus, looking to travel to locations in the U.S. and abroad. The Annual Off-Campus Studies Fair was the place to be to learn about international and U.S. study options available through Whitman, and representatives of several Partner Programs as well as Whitties who already have studied off campus provided answers, ideas and more.
Among the study programs represented:
- IES (Institute for the International Education of Students)
- CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange)
- SIT (School for International Training)
- School for Field Studies
- Syracuse University
- Arcadia University
- Denmark International Studies
Off-campus study student alumni shared information and their experiences with various Partner Programs, including:
- Associated Kyoto Program
- College Year in Athens
- Pitzer College Programs
- American University Washington Semester
- SACI (Studio Arts Center International)
- Whitman Summer Studies in China
- University of Otago, New Zealand
- University of St. Andrews
The event was sponsored by the Off-Campus Studies Office, formerly called Study Abroad. The name change reflects the fact that the office now provides support to students who wish to attend any of Whitman's three Partner Programs that take place in the United States - the American University Washington DC Semester, The Philadelphia Center and the ACM Urban Studies in Chicago program – in addition to supporting study abroad.
For further information, visit the Off-Campus Studies on the Web.