DATE: December 1, 2008 JOB TITLE: Women’s Lacrosse Coach
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-exempt OFFICE/DEPARTMENT: SSRA SUPERVISOR: Skip Molitor
DEPARTMENT HEAD: Dean Snider
BUDGET OFFICER: Lori Bettison-Varga
Whitman College is searching for a Women’s Lacrosse Coach. Lacrosse is a club sport that competes primarily in the spring against other colleges and universities throughout the northwest. This position has a stipend of $2500.
1. Develop and administer a club women’s lacrosse program that is consistent with the mission of the college
2. Manage and conduct an effective practice schedule in regards to student-athlete development and game preparation including but not limited to practice organization and in-season conditioning
3. Prepare and manage a budget
4. Develop a competitive schedule consistent with department and institutional guidelines
5. Oversight of equipment related to the sport
6. Organization of team travel including transportation, lodging and meals
7. Establishment of team guidelines and policies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of the game, including teaching rules, fundamentals, team execution and involvement, physical conditioning related to the sport, and appropriate interaction with the college community.
A college degree preferably with experience as a lacrosse coach and as a player.