Recruiting, Interviewing and More
Cabinet approval of all open positions is required before recruitment advertising can begin. Please see your function vice president. As a professional courtesy, all internal applicants who meet the position's qualifications are expected to be interviewed.
Human Resources will do all advertising for staff positions. Advertising in special publications or resources should be discussed with the Human Resource Director.
- Position Information Form
- Whitman Job Postings
- Work Source
- Walla Walla Union Bulletin
- Higher Ed Jobs
How to View Applicants On-line
Interviewing Guidelines and Helpful Information
- 20 Silver Bullet Interview Questions
- Diversity Interview Questions
- Legal and Illegal interview Questions
- Guard Against Informality in Video Interviews
- Interview Guidelines Seminar
- Interview Issues
- Interview Questions to Ask
- Other Interview Guidelines
- Unlawful Interview Topics
- Tips for Interviewing Job Candidates
- Position Classification and FLSA Standards
- U.S. DOL Basic Information on FLSA, Child Labor, FMLA, and MSPA
- Message from President Murray
- Statement of Nondiscrimination
- Statement on Diversity by the Trustees of Whitman College
- Diversity Recruiting by Lila Kelly
- What You Need to Know about Age Discrimination
- Protected Classes
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Retirement, Tuition Remission, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, Paid Time Off
- A criminal background check is required for all staff and temporary positions. Whitman College uses Sterling Talent Solutions to conduct the criminal background check. Turnaround time from ordering to receipt of completed check is generally 2-4 days, but could take longer. Human Resources will email the applicant who has been offered a position with the release form to authorize a background check.
Please contact the Human Resource Office to obtain a salary range prior to a verbal employment offer. All employment offers are contingent on a criminal background check and a pre-employment physical (if required).