Jump the navigation

SFBC Minutes - July 8, 2010

Members Present: Jason Arp, Jeff Donahue, Jennifer McNeil, David Sprunger, Chris Tarvin and Deb Wright

Members Absent: Sonja Aikens and Karen Webb

Invited Guest: Cindy Matern

The meeting was called to order at 1:20 p.m. in Memorial Building 313. 

The minutes from the March meeting were reviewed and approved.  Since they were approved electronically, there was no motion to formally approve them.

Jeff presented the newest member of the committee, Deb Wright.  She will be replacing Gary D'Agostino as his term has expired.

Chris proved an update on scheduling a session on retirement.  She stated that since the meeting Sonja arranged was pushed back she felt it was best to wait as it was getting close to the end of the term.  She will go ahead and contact the Social Security office and look into getting someone to present on Medicare.  A suggestion of contacting the Senior Center was brought up and Chris will start there.  Future sessions were discussed as well.  Deb has agreed to contact Dan Roach to see if he would be willing to present a session on preparing a living will.  David asked that when people are contacted to ask if they will consent to the session being recorded and posted online.

Cindy brought up the idea of letting those who volunteer their time to use the gym as an incentive to keep them volunteering.  After some discussion, it was suggested that they must volunteer at least 20 hours a month and then will be provided the option to purchase an ID card to use the gym.  Cindy will follow up with Michele Hanford to check on any possible liability concerns.

An update was given on vacation accruals.  Cindy believes it is getting better and supervisors are really encouraging their employees to take time off.  She stated that vacation time can be donated through the Shared Leave program.  Also, we were informed that a report is given to George each month of all employees who have more than 200 hours of vacation on the books.

A question was raised on where the Conflict Resolution Program is in the process of being approved.  Cindy informed us that it was sent back to Peter Harvey, Clare Carson, Tom Callister and herself for further review.  It was agreed upon but others wanted it to include procedures for faculty and students as well.  It's now back to the President's Council.  Cindy will send the draft to the committee.

Lastly, an update was provided on insurance.  Our reserve account is around $425, 000 which means it has doubled in the past six months.  This is a major plus for the College.

The meeting was adjourned at 2:15 p.m.

Next SFBC meeting: Thursday, September 8, 2010 at 1:15 p.m., in the conference room at Plant Services.

beaker duck hiker icon-a-to-z icon-arrow-circle-down icon-arrow-circle-up icon-arrow-down icon-arrow-left icon-arrow-right icon-arrow-up icon-calendar-no-circle icon-calendar icon-camera icon-clock icon-cv icon-dot icon-down-triangle icon-email-circle icon-email icon-external-link icon-facebook icon-flickr icon-generic-blog icon-google-plus icon-home icon-instagram icon-library icon-link-circle icon-link-inverted icon-linkedin icon-lock icon-magazine icon-map-pin icon-map2 icon-menu-hamburger icon-menu-mobile-a icon-menu-mobile-b icon-menu-x icon-mywhitman-cog icon-news icon-phone icon-pinterest icon-play icon-quote icon-search-a icon-search-b icon-search-mobile-a icon-search-mobile-b icon-share icon-snail-mail icon-tumblr icon-twitter icon-vimeo icon-youtube logo-whitman-nc-flat logo-whitman-nc-stacked logo-whitman-no-clocktower slider-category-arrow-2px slider-category-arrow-no-line slider-category-arrow-solid slider-category-arrow slider-category-line-2px slider-category-line-solid slider-category-line tc_icon-filmstrip-fl tc_icon-filmstrip-ln tc_icon-play-fl-closed tc_icon-play-fl-open tc_icon-play-ln-closed tc_icon-play-ln-open wifi