May 2015

Whitman College believes that Health and Accident insurance is extremely important for all students. Because United States residents are required by law to have medical insurance, international students are also required to have Health and Accident insurance.

If you do not currently have insurance that provides coverage in Walla Walla, below are resources to assist you in obtaining insurance for the upcoming academic year.  It is very important to purchase a plan that covers physician services in Walla Walla.

If you need help or have questions regarding plans refer to Claudia Ness, the Director of the Welty Student Health Center or the International Student Advisor, Reid Campus Center for assistance.

  • For non-Washington US residents: research your state health insurance exchange and purchase a policy with “out of network” benefits or purchase a “multi-state plan”. More information about health plans and exchanges can be found at
  • For Washington residents: visit and use this online marketplace to compare and enroll in free and low-cost health insurance. This site may also be used for assistance applying for coverage or to find a navigator or broker in your area.