What Whitman Needs to Know
- What would you like Whitman College to use the gift proceeds for?
- What type of Company (i.e. L.L.C., S-Corp.) are you considering gifting?
- What are the activities of the Company?
- What is the total number of shares (broken down by type if necessary)?
- What is the number and type (individual, company) of owners and their respective ownership interests?
- Are there any restrictions, limits or conditions of any kind on transferring of shares (a copy of articles of incorporation and/or any management agreement is appreciated)?
- What is the state of Principal Place of Business and all other states in which the company is registered to do business?
Other Questions Whitman Will Ask
- Is or has the company, any owner or employee been involved in a lawsuit, or legal or governmental action?
- How did you acquire your shares? (Initial formation of company or purchase?)
- What is the basis of your shares?
- Did or does the company own any real estate?
- a. If yes, what, when, where?
- b. What are the current and all former use of land?
- c. Are there any environmental concerns, issues, or actions (superfund site, protected, storage tanks, etc.)?
- What is the financial status of the Company?