COVID-19 at Whitman
Since tracking began, there have been two confirmed cases of COVID-19 among the staff, faculty and students authorized to be on campus. This page will be updated each week to show the previous eight weeks of case numbers and the total case number.
COVID-19 CONFIRMED CASES
|Week of:||Number of New Cases:|
|August 24, 2020||0|
|August 31, 2020||0|
|September 7, 2020||0|
|September 14, 2020||0|
|September 21, 2020||0|
|September 28, 2020||0|
|October 5, 2020||0|
|October 12, 2020||0|
Following confirmation of a COVID-19 case the following steps are taken:
- Anyone who had close contact with the individual is informed.
- The individual's work space and other places of interaction are sanitized.
- The county health department is notified and takes over the contact tracing process.
Walla Walla Information
The Walla Walla County Department of Health provides updated statistics Monday through Friday on coronavirus throughout the county.
The county remains in Phase 2 of the Washington state Safe Start plan, which includes the following guidelines:
- Gather with no more than five people total from outside your household per week.
- Outdoor recreation is permissible with up to five people from outside your household.
- Employees who can work from home should continue to do so.