Guest accounts allow access to the Internet, Whitman Network and associated resources. This includes the use of computers in public labs and printing to the public laser printers. It does not give access to the Residence Hall network. Furthermore, upon termination of the account, no files are retained.
Those visitors wishing to access the Internet via mobile device can do so through the Whitman Wi-Fi Hotspot . It does not require a username or password.
Short-Term Guest Accounts
Short-term guest accounts are available for individuals who are visiting Whitman College for a short period—up to 3 days.
How do I get a short-term guest account?
The following offices/individuals can be contacted to create a visitor account:
- Admissions: Tony Cabasco
- Alumni Relations: Nancy Mitchell
- Athletics: Dean Snider
- Conferences and Events: Debi Evans and Natasha Blake
- Dean of Faculty's Office: Karen Zollman and Susan Bennett
- Dean of Students' Office: Donna Cummins
- Development & College Relations: Shannon Shearer
- Division I: Kathleen Hutchison
- Division II: Richelle Loney
- Division III: Patti Moss
- Human Resources: Krista Garcia
- Penrose Library: Sharon Lederer
- President's Office: Jennifer Casper
- Reid Campus Center: Barbara Maxwell, Paul Dennis, Leanne Adams, and RCC Information Desk Students
- Technology Services: Ronnelle Partlow, Sherrie Kamara, Kevin Kelly, Joelle Chavre, Mike Osterman, Ian Quorn, Austun Ables and David Sprunger
Create a Short Term Visitor Account (restricted link)
Long-Term Guest Accounts
Long-term guest accounts are available for individuals who are conducting activities related to the educational mission of Whitman College and are directly associated with the College, but are not officially on the College's payroll, e.g. visiting professors/scholars, members of auxiliary groups, and others who are working on College business or are affiliated with the College.
Default duration of a guest account is six months, with the maximum being one year. If an account holder wants to extend his/her account at the end of the account period, it is his/her responsibility to renew by submitting a new Guest Account Application/Renewal form.
How do I get a long-term guest account?
A long-term guest account requires a written request and a sponsor.
- The application form can be obtained at WCTS, Olin 168, or in electrionic format (pdf).
- A sponsor must be a full time Whitman faculty or staff member who will attest to the appropriateness of a College Guest Account. The sponsor must be someone working closely with the guest.
- Submit the application form to WCTS, Olin 168, fax 509-527-4962.
- The Chief Information Officer will make the approval decision, which can be appealed to the Dean of Faculty or the Dean of Students.
- The applicant may stop by WCTS three business days after submitting the application to obtain guest account information.
- Guest account users are expected to abide by the Whitman College's Acceptable Use Policy.
- WCTS reserves the right to terminate a visitor account at any time if the situation warrants such action.
- Guest e-mail accounts SPAM filtering and virus checking services are provided by Google.
- Upon termination of the account, no files or email will be retained.