Welcome New Faculty Members!
As a new faculty member arriving at Whitman, there are a few general procedures, practices, and services that you should be aware of. Follow the links below for more information.
- Activating Your Account: As soon as you recieve your account information, you should activate your Whitman account. This will allow you to access your Whitman email, check registration and financial aid information via CLEo, and use complementary services such as netFiles. You will need to have your 7-digit account number ready in order to activate your account.
- Your Faculty ID Card: Your Whitman ID card allows you to access buildings, as well as to make charges to your Whitman account from several on-campus locations such as the bookstore and dining halls.
- Your Office Computer: Information on getting and setting up your office computer.
- Using Email Information on accessing your email, controlling junk mail, and working with listserves.
- Supported Software: Software available from and supported by WCTS.
- Your Office Telephone and Voicemail Information on setting up your office phone and accessing your voicemail.
- CLEo: Whitman College's Learning Management System (LMS) - Our brand of the Sakai project.
- Faculty Access to Student Records (QUACK): Faculty may review their class rosters, schedules, and advisees' information via QUACK.
- Classroom Technology: Learn about the many classrooms on campus that are "smart", equipped with computers, projecters, and other technology.
- Multimedia Equipment Checkout: WCTS has equipment such as camcorders, wireless keyboards, and more available to checkout.
- Copyright and you
This is the right place.