IMS has a pool of checkout equipment including laptops, data projectors, video cameras, and more*. This equipment can be requested by Whitman Faculty, Students, and Staff for academic and administrative purposes. IMS also has smart classroom equipment in each of the three main academic buildings (Maxey, Olin, Science) that can be reserved through the division offices.
*Checking out equipment in IMS is on a first-come, first-serve basis. We do not accept reservation requests for equipment, unless you are a faculty member reserving equipment for a class.
IMS equipment is not for personal use.
Instructional Multimedia Services
Monday - Friday, 8am - noon and 1pm - 5pm
IMS offers checkout, delivery, setup, and operation of multimedia equipment. IMS requests two (2) business days notice for classes between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday and five (5) business days notice for all other needs. We may not be able to provide the support you need without sufficient notice. Equipment may be checked out for a maximum of 5 days. Equipment under high demand may be reduced to shorter checkout times.
Available equipment includes:
- DVD players
- DVD/VCR Combos
- Data projectors (for projecting computer, video, and document camera images)
- Powerpoint remotes (USB)
- Wireless keyboards
- Document cameras (for projecting pictures, text, and 3D objects)
- Camcorders (mini DV, flash memory and flip HD)
- Portable voice recorders/players
- Portable projection screens
- Laptops (only available to faculty and staff)
Before requesting equipment for a class, please be sure that the classroom does not already have what you need. See our Smart Classrooms page for more information.
Academic Division Offices
- Maxey Hall Division Office
- Portable CD/audio tape player
- Remote controls for Maxey 107 Computer Lab & Maxey 312 video projectors
- TV/VCR carts (stored in Maxey 204)
- Document camera cart (stored in Maxey 204)
- Data projector/VCR/PC computer cart (stored in Maxey 204)
- Data projector/VCR/PC computer cart with speakers (stored in Maxey 314)
- Hall of Science Division Office
- TV/VCR cart (stored in Science 309)
- Document camera cart (stored in Science 106)
- Overhead transparency projector cart (stored in Science 106)
- Data projector/PC/Mac computer cart (stored in Science 203)
- Projector/DVD/VCR/Speaker cart (stored in Science 203)
- Olin Division Office
- TV/VCR carts (stored in Olin Basement)
- Video projector/VCR cart (stored in Olin Basement)
- Data projector/VCR/PC computer cart (stored in Olin Basement)
- Document camera cart (stored in Olin Basement)
- Overhead transparency projector carts (stored in Olin Basement)
- Schedule equipment checkout on an A/V equipment calendar in each division office.
- Instructors will need to pick up and return A/V equipment from their building storage area. Storage areas are keyed the same as building classrooms.
- If an instructor needs assistance transporting, setting up, or operating equipment, he/she must contact the IMS office to schedule service. Building secretaries are NOT responsible for equipment delivery or setup.
- If the equipment the instructor wishes to checkout is not available in their building or it has already been checked out, contact the IMS office at least two business days in advance to arrange for equipment delivery.
- Any problems with the equipment should be reported to IMS at 527-5257 so we can fix them as quickly as possible.