A unique ID number (xID) is given to every page and asset in the Ingeniux system. For example, the Whitman College homepage is x11. The xID is used to quickly identify pages in the system, as well as tell pages with identical or similar names apart (ex. "Faculty and Staff" pages, "Contact Us" pages).
It is useful to take note of the xIDs of pages you commonly use to quickly access them using the "Go to" search bar in the system, or when adding links or components to pages.
Searching for a page by the xID
- On the top right corner of the page, click on the "Search" field.
- Input the xID and press "Enter."
- Click on the "Search" option (green magnifying glass) on the left-hand side of the page.
- Type in the page xID into the search bar, or the name of the page.
- Select your desired page. Additional information is provided about each page in the search, such as if it's checked out, to who it's checked out, when it was last modified, etc.
Searching for an asset by the xID
- To find the asset ID, double-click on the asset you desire. The ID will be listed on the right-hand side of the "Properties" box.
- At the top of the main navigation bar, search with the asset ID. You can select to remove page xID options from the search or to keep them in.