Hashtags are words or phrases proceeded by a # sign that are used to indicate that a social media post is about a certain topic. Hashtags make it easier for people to find posts about a particular topic.
Some of the hashtags that are commonly used, either by Whitman social media accounts or to talk about Whitman, are:
- Posts related current student life, both academically and non-academically.
- Used by prospective students in reference to being admitted to Whitman College. Also used by Whitman to promote admission-relevant content.
- Posts related to alumni accomplishments and their post-graduation life/work experiences.
- Used to cheer on our Whitman College Athletics sports teams.
- Used when current students or alumni receive awards or have their success highlighted.
- When posting about a Whitman Off-Campus Studies experience.
- Typically used by a non-Whitman social media account to refer to Whitman College.
- For posts related to Whitman's commencement ceremony.