Do you need something printed or photocopied? Is it already designed? Need business cards, postcards, brochures, newsletters or letterhead? Contact Printing Services!
Printing Services: Print shop, 527-5185, Boyer House
Creative Services: Ryan Barnes, director of creative services, 522-4412, Boyer House
This department serves as a printing shop and outsource center. Use the photocopy service rather than departmental copiers for quantities of more than 50. Cost and production timelines drive the services provided; our goal is to produce the finest quality work, on time, at the best price to serve your project or program. Among a wide variety of projects, the staff produces or outsources production of business cards, letterhead/envelopes, invitations, notepads, posters, publications, periodicals, flyers, booklets, manuals, banners, T-shirts, promotional items and more. Work produced can come directly from campus community members or through one of our designers/project managers, if that service is required.
Among available services:
- Project Management – vendor selection, paper stock options, recycle properties, and more.
- Photocopying – two digital copiers, one B+W, one color, can collate, staple, produce booklets, enlarge images and more.
- Trimming – digital equipment trims business cards, booklet covers, postcards, posters and more to ensure a professional look.
- Saddle Stitching – for booklets.
- Comb Binding – for publications such as reports and manuals.
- Padding Station – for items such as note pads and carbonless forms.
- Lamination – for protecting such items as name badges, pictures, news clips, etc.
- Plotter – for large documents, posters and banners.
- Paper product inventory – stock of generic letterhead, generic envelopes of assorted sizes, plain white and colored paper, including various levels of recycled content paper.
Here’s how it works:
The most critical aspects toward ensuring success of your project are clear communication about your exact needs and allowing ample lead time. Of course there will be “emergency” jobs, and we make every effort to accommodate those projects. We can provide a cost estimate so you can budget for the expense. Note that most projects that come directly to the print shop do not require design services. If your project needs to be designed, please contact the design staff as your point of entry for project management.
- Giving us your project – You can either hand deliver your project to us, campus mail it, or e-mail it to email@example.com. When sending us your project, please make sure that a Printing Services Job Ticket is completed, and attached. There are fields for every detail of your project. Your complete and accurate job ticket ensures that we can correctly process your project. We can receive projects the following ways: hard copy, PDF document, JPG files, TIF files.
- Turn Around Time – For basic printing needs (including posters, business cards and note pads), please allow three days. For booklets and manuals please allow five days. Note – these turnaround times reflect printing only; see Design Services section.
- Inventoried Items – The inventory includes a wide variety of paper products and specialty items. To purchase any of these items, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your order will be filled and sent to you via campus mail or you may pick it up at the Boyer House.
It’s important to know that...
Equipment failure/break-down can prevent us from completing your work accurately and on time. It’s another reason why as much lead time as possible is a best-practice toward success. Frequent and late changes also can delay the production schedule and can lead to errors in the final product. Jobs requiring reprinting/reassembly because of changes or client errors will be the financial responsibility of the requesting department. Some printing options are limited to certain software formats; check in advance to avoid the need to recreate your document.