Even if we find ourselves scattered around the world, we can still connect with each other! Student groups and college offices and departments are planning many virtual events and activities to help us stay connected while we're apart. Check out the calendar of events, the Whitman Today newsletter and our social media channels to find events that interest you!
- @goaswc: ASWC’s official instagram. Keeps you updated and informed on all the latest Whitman + COVID-19 info.
- @whitmanwire: Keeping you updated on all Whitman news and featuring the work of Whitman writers.
- @web_events: Keeping you updated on any digital programming
- @breadandthesis: Instagram on bread baking by Walker Orr '20
- Whitman Kids Against Feeling Lonely: A group of Whitman students in and outside of Walla Walla trying to find ways to create community and fight loneliness
- Whitman Students: A general group with Whitties from all class years
- Class of 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 private groups
Hillel Shalom offers weekly Google Hangouts. View their Google Calendar and view the Friday's @ Five event to find the Hangouts link. Hop online at 5 p.m. Pacific Time for some familiar faces, challah, candle lighting, good conversations and, most importantly, community.
Whitman InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
InterVarsity offers daily prayer Monday through Friday, 8:20-8:30 a.m. on Zoom. All are welcome to join.
Chaplain Chats and Spirituali-TEA
Interfaith Chaplain Adam Kirtley uploads a new, short message of peace for the Whitman community each Thursday at 1 p.m. Pacific time on YouTube. Spirituali-TEA is held each Tuesday at 2 p.m. on Zoom. Join Adam Kitley for a virtual cup of tea and conversation.
IM Committee Events
The IM Committee presents trivia night! Join the committee on Friday, May 8, at 8 p.m. for a fun trivia night! They'll be using a combo of Google Meet and Kahoot, so make sure to find your team and have a cell phone/tablet/laptop nearby!
There might even be some special edition blue shirts available for the winners!
Sign up for the Zfit listserv and gain access to free fitness classes.
Contribute to the Archives
The Archives needs your help to preserve student experiences during the Coronavirus Pandemic! How have your life, learning, work and leisure changed? The Archives is collecting submissions in many different formats including diaries, zines, audio or video recordings, art and photographs that reflect experiences during this moment.
You can read more about the archive Coronavirus stories project, view submissions to the archive, and learn how to submit your Coronavirus stories on the Penrose Library Blog.