Whitman Events Board Learning Outcomes
Students serving as Directors, Coordinators or the Chair for the Whitman Events Board will learn to:
- Work effectively with others to formulate both specific event goals and broad organization goals.
- Diagnose problems, generate and choose between multiple solutions, and evaluate outcomes.
- Use discretion when dealing with liability, suitability, or matters of confidentiality.
Communication & Collaboration
- Speak and write in a clear, direct, and constructive manner.
- Articulate relevant information to various individuals and groups.
- Correspond professionally with others (e.g. peers/team members, artists/agents, campus offices, cosponsoring groups, etc.) to organize logistics related to specific programs or events.
- Convey thoughtful and relevant feedback to peers.
Social Justice, Equity, & Inclusion
- Examine and articulate personal social identities, privileges, and biases.
- Recognize the importance of and actively seek contributions from others regardless of differing social identities.
- Generate programs that engage students around topics of social identity, equity, and inclusion, and which are welcoming to all students.
Self-Management & Appraisal
- Maintain personal health and wellness.
- Prioritize commitments and employ time management skills to maintain balance between academic work, extracurricular activities, personal time, etc.
- Articulate personal skills, abilities, and areas for growth.
- Reflect upon and provide analysis of personal development and learning.
- Assess and respond to programmatic interests or needs of the student body.
- Identify all aspects of planning and executing an event, and complete all relevant tasks in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and make adjustments to program budget based on funding.
Click here to download the WEB learning outcomes.
Updated July 2018