Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can participate?
A: Any sophomore student at Whitman is eligible to participate in the 2019 Sophomore Summit (Friday and Saturday, Jan. 11-12).
Q: When do I need to be back on campus?
A: Friday, Jan. 11, no later than 4 p.m.
Q: When is the last day to register for the summit?
A; Friday, December 7 at midnight.
Q: Where will I stay/sleep?
A: You will be able to move into your regular on-campus residence hall room on Friday, Jan. 11.
Q: Do I have to pay for the summit?
A: This program is FREE for students!
Q: What do I get out of it? / Why should I participate?
A: The Sophomore Summit is a unique sophomore-only experience that will allow participating students to:
- Critically examine your leadership identity
- Develop the skills of narrating your academic life and academic choices
- Use your varied experiences to inform your future decision making
- Interact and spend time with your sophomore classmates
- Increase your connections within the Walla Walla community
Q: What else do I need to know?
A: After you register, you will receive an additional form with more details. Please fill it out so we can gather some additional information for planning purposes. Also, there will be an orientation meeting for all registrants the week of Dec. 10 - 14.
Q: I have more questions, who should I contact?
A: We'd love to talk more with you! Please feel free to reach out to any of us