Currently Open to current students, staff and faculty authorized to be on campus with valid “Whitman Summer 2021 Campus Access” card.
Monday – Thursday 6-9pm
Climbing center capacities for Open Climbing reservation times are now 18 climbers for a 1.5 hour climbing session.
How to Access the Climbing Wall
- Schedule a time to use the space: https://whitmancollege.as.me/climb
Only students, staff & faculty approved to be on campus are able to use the Climbing Center at this time.
- Watch this 1.5 min. COVID management tips at the Wall video
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your start time.
- Wear a mask.
- The student employee will confirm your appointment and approval for the building access
- Have your Whitman ID and “Whitman Summer 2021 Access” card ready to show.
- Enter the Climbing Center on the Southeast side of the Sherwood athletic center near the outside climbing boulder.
- Please space yourself appropriately from any other people while climbing. There are designated zones that climbing staff can explain.
- Check in at the front desk like normal so you can be entered into Rock gym pro software as well. That is when you can get rental gear if needed. Rental gear is FREE for students if available but climbing classes have priority.
- Wash hands with the portable wash station before and after climbing and potentially during your session as well.
- Only liquid climbing chalk will be allowed if you choose to use chalk. No loose chalk or chalk balls are allowed at this time. The climbing center currently has a sale on liquid chalk at the wall.
- When you are done with your session then check out at the front desk. This is a new procedure but useful in helping to always stay within current allowed maximum capacities. Return any rental gear used.
Please note that the climbing sessions are reservable in 90 minute blocks. A bathroom pass into Sherwood is available at the front for use while climbing. We expect you to clean up after yourself and leave as soon as your “Climbing Session” time block ends.