Spring New Student Orientation
Spring New Student Orientation is a five-day program that focuses on advising and registering for classes, meeting and socializing with the other incoming January students, getting acclimated to Walla Walla, and having fun. In the fall, you will receive a New Student Orientation packet, which contains important registration information, medical history forms, housing information, and much more. Please open this mailing as soon as it arrives and review the information. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The New Student Orientation packet also includes instructions on how to complete the following tasks, which we ask that you complete as soon as possible once you receive this packet:
- Complete the Roommate Assignment Questionnaire (if applicable)
- Activate your Whitman network account
- Complete the online advising questionnaire
- Complete any necessary placement tests for calculus, chemistry or foreign languages.
By Jan. 10 we ask that you:
- Select an meal plan online (if applicable)
- Complete the Pre-Registration Checklist items
- Complete the medical history form and return it to the Health Center
- Send spring semester payment to the Business Office
- Respond to the orientation RSVP card
- RSVP for the Outdoor Program Snow Shoe & Cross Country Ski Trip (Optional)
For Parents and Families
Parents and families are encouraged to participate in several events during the New Student Orientation spring sessions, including our opening welcome, student panels, and the new student and family lunch. These sessions are designed to provide parents with information about important students services, meet key administrators and ask lots of questions.
A full schedule for spring orientation events will be posted in December.