Alumni Starter Kit
Welcome to the Whitman College Alumni Association!
As a graduate of Whitman College you are automatically a member of this prestigious group. We hope you'll take advantage of the many programs and services Whitman continues to offer its alumni, which are outlined below.
So…what’s in it for me? Benefits for Young Alumni
- Meet other alumni at events on campus, around the country, and reunions.
- Continue your life-long learning through Summer College, faculty lectures, and alumni trips.
- Attend exclusive career networking events through the Alumni Office and the Student Engagement Center.
- Still in Walla Walla? Local alumni may access the Baker Ferguson Fitness Center and Penrose Library with a valid Alumni ID card. The card costs $25.00 and is valid for one year; visit the Alumni Office in Baker Center to obtain your Alumni ID.
- Whitman Connect!
Find fellow Whitties using the alumni directory at Whitman Connect. If you haven't
already set up your account, you'll need your Whitman ID (sent to you via mail or email) and an email address. You may either email or call the Alumni Office to get your WID if you don't remember.
- Update Your Address and Email so we can showcase the latest events and activities in your area.
- Events and Activities
We gather Whitties together where ever they are! Always RSVP to events that you plan to attend so we know you are coming; this helps us to make arrangements that accommodate everyone.
- Whittie News
Our most regular communication with alumni, reminding you of upcoming events and alumni news each month.
Our magazine for alumni who graduated ten or fewer years ago. Submit photos and story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whitman Magazine
Whitman College's official publication, sent to alumni, parents and friends of the college. Submit a Class Note.
- Alumni Board
The Alumni Association Board of Directors is selected from the alumni body to represent the age and geographical distribution of the membership. The board includes a young alumni representative, currently Sarah Deming '10. Email your thoughts to Sarah.
- Student Engagement Center
The Student Engagement Center is still here for you after graduation. We can assist you with resumes, practice interviews, and utilizing Whitman's networking resources to access informational interviews, internships, job shadowing and recruiting offices. For more information, call the Student Engagement Center at (509) 527-5183.
- Giving Back
There are many opportunities for you to stay involved at Whitman! We need your help planning alumni activities, raising funds for the College, referring students to our admission office, and serving as a mentor through the Student Engagement Center's Career Development.
- Class Representative and Associate Class Representatives
If you would like to stay involved with the College, the Annual Giving Office is always looking for volunteers to act as Class Representatives and Associate Class Representatives. Increase your job skills and build your resume by being an Annual Giving volunteer! Email Brian Dohe, Director of Annual Giving for more information.
Whitman College Annual Fund
For many students, the Senior Fund is the first opportunity to make a philanthropic gift in support of future generations of Whitties. The Class of 2015 reached a 37% participation rate and raised over $8,600 for the Senior Class Scholarship Endowment. In the coming years, your classmates will ask you and fellow alumni to support the tradition of providing a quality education for students -- just as alumni contributed during your time at Whitman.
As you begin your career or move on to graduate school, your participation is more important than the amount of your gift. Your gift of even $5 or $10 is like voting on Election Day. A single vote may seem insignificant but it’s the collective votes that make a difference. When everyone gives to the Annual Fund, it’s a vote of support for Whitman College. Our alumni have always been strong supporters and we need YOU to continue that tradition. Please support the Whitman College Annual Fund in one of four ways:
- Give online at http://www.whitman.edu/give.
- Call (509) 527-5189 to make your gift with a credit or debit card.
- Set up a recurring gift - $10 x 12 months is $120 via www.whitman.edu/give; Make monthly, quarterly, or annual contributions via a credit card; Or make automatic transfers from your savings or checking
Alumni Relations Office Staff: Liesl '11, Jaimee, Nancy, Jennifer '91, and Jason '94
We're here to serve you! Feel free to contact us at (509) 527-5167 whenever we can be of assistance.