To maintain the health and safety of our students and staff, beginning March 13, 2020:
- All career and life advising appointments will be conducted virtually. All appointments will be conducted via phone or video call. Schedule an appointment in Handshake. Please include contact information in the appointment notes so our coaches can reach you.
- Our Student Career Advisors are available for virtual drop-hours using Google chat on Mondays from 12-1 PM PDT & Thursdays 3-4 PM PDT. They can also be reached via email (Mailia Brooks: email@example.com/ Emma Saas: firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule individual appointments.
- The Summer 2020 Whitman Intership Grant deadline is now a rolling deadline through May 10th. Review will be conducted bi-weekly. Schedule an appointment with the SCA's for additional information or with Mitzy Rodriguez on Handshake.
- All career development events, employer information/recruitment sessions will be conducted online. Check out the Events Calendar to learn more.
We will continue to offer our resources & services to the best of our ability. If you have any questions or concerns, email email@example.com. Thank you.
In the Student Engagement Center, our Career Development Team is committed to providing comprehensive career coaching and resources to Whitman students starting their first year.
Career Services include:
- Creating a career plan for your future
- Career Assessment with PathwayU and helping you understand your assessment
- Helping you with alumni networking and getting you set up in LinkedIn and Handshake
- Reviewing your resume, CV, or cover letter
- Finding a Job
- Graduate School research and guidance
- Internships and Fellowships
- Practice interviews
We work around your schedule to maximize the accessibility of the Student Engagement Center! If you feel like you're in need of any of these awesome services, schedule an appointment with us via Handshake.
Feeling like you're unsure where to begin?
Make an appointment to just check-in! On Handshake, you can find an appointment designed for the needs most commonly associated with your year; these appointments were created by looking at the bigger picture and honing in on the variety of services our Career Team can assist you with no matter how frazzled you may think you are when thinking of your Life After Whitman!