Spanish Teaching Assistants (NALCA)
National deadline: TBA- April 2019.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to check the North American Language and Culture Assistants (NALCA) website in December for an announcement of the start of the application cycle. Applications should be filed on or near the first date of the application cycle for a favorable application position.
- U.S. or Canadian citizen with valid passport
- Native or bilingual English or French speaker
- Hold a minimum of BA or BS by the end of the academic year preceding the start of the program; or be an upcoming junior or senior student at university; or a university graduate
- Good physical and mental health
- Basic communication skills in Spanish are required
- Clean background check
Award summary and conditions: Cultural Ambassadors: North American Language and Culture Assistants (NALCA) is an academic "continuing education" grant provided by the Ministry of Education of Spain. NALCA sends over 2000 American and Canadian participants to Spain each year to serve as teaching assistants, sharing their native knowledge of the English or French language and North American culture in Spanish public K-12 schools. Recipients receive a minimum monthly stipend of 875 net euros and are provided general health insurance by the assigned region covering basic needs, emergencies and repatriation.
Application process: online (PROFEX) and hardcopy (emailed)*
- Photocopy of valid passport
- PDF form printout (signed and dated) available after you submit your application online*
- Official transcript(s) or copy of college diploma
- Letter of recommendation (1, one page, 250 word max)
- Checklist, signed and dated with applicants' initials next to each item that is submitted*
- Statement of purpose (250-300 words max.)
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Contact information: Email: email@example.com
Mr. Félix Gaspar Koch
Student Achievement through Language Acquisition (SALA) Florida Department of Education 325 West Gaines St. Suite 444, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400