Princeton in Africa Fellowship
Application period: August 2021 to October 2021 (8:59 p.m. PT) [TBA]
- U.S. citizens and international students
- Graduating seniors, young alumni
Award summary and conditions: Princeton in Africa (PiAf) offers year-long fellowship opportunities through a wide range of organizations working across the African continent. PiAf fellows work in service-oriented positions in myriad fields, including humanitarian aid, public health, conservation, education and social enterprise. Benefits include:
• living expenses including housing and accommodation stipend
• group health, medical and security evacuation insurance
• pre-departure orientation for all fellows
• mid-year retreat in Africa (including partial travel grant to and from retreat)
Fellows should expect to cover the costs of:
• program placement, paid upon acceptance of a PiAf fellowship post ($350)
• transportation to/from interviews and orientation in Princeton, N.J.
• air travel to/from their fellowship post in Africa
• pre-departure medical expenses (e.g. immunizations, malaria prevention medications, personal medications)
• in most cases, visa expenses
Note: PiAf is committed to ensuring that all applicants are able to participate in the fellowship program without regard to need. The program will work with applicants to ensure that financial considerations do not prevent any applicant selected for a fellowship from participation.
Application process: online
• application form and fee
• resume (1-2 pages, including applicant email address; PDF format, file size limit 256 KB)
• current color passport-style photo (JPEG format, file size limit 256KB)
• unofficial transcript(s), uploaded
• digital official transcript(s), emailed by registrar (PDF signed and certified by the registar's office)
• letter of recommendation, submitted by recommender through LOR form
Selection process: Applicants invited for an interview must be available for one of the sessions in January. Interviews will be scheduled in December. Candidates who receive a fellowship placement must attend PiAf's pre-departure orientation program in June in Princeton, N.J.