NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship
Winter sports application period: January 15, 2021 to April 2, 2021 (2:00 p.m. PT)
Spring sports application period: March 15, 2021 to June 4, 2021 (2:00 p.m. PT)
Fall sports application period: September 2021 to January 2022 (2:00 p.m. PT) [TBA]
- Student-athlete at active NCAA member institution
- Final season of NCAA athletics eligibility or will not be using any remaining athletics eligibility
- GPA of 3.2
- Member of the varsity team in sport
- Plan to pursue graduate school
- FAR nomination: Student-athletes must be nominated by the institution's Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or a FAR designee (preferably an individual in academics).
Award summary and conditions: The National Collegiate Athletic Association Postgraduate Scholarship was created in 1964 to promote and encourage postgraduate education by rewarding the Association's most accomplished student-athletes through their participation in NCAA championship and/or emerging sports. The one-time grants of $7,500 each are awarded for fall sports, winter sports and spring sports. Each sports season (fall, winter and spring), there are 29 scholarships available for men and 29 scholarships available for women. The scholarships are one-time, non-renewable grants. Award recipients must be accepted into a graduate degree-granting program at an academically accredited graduate or professional school.
Application process: online
Application requirements: (http://www.ncaa.org/ncaa-postgraduate-scholarship-program)
- FAR nomination
- Personal statement
- Official transcript(s) scanned and uploaded by applicant
- Letters of Recommendation (4)*
* Students list 4 recommenders and their email addresses in their application. The system will then generate an email to each recommender giving them instructions.
Faculty representative: Doug Juers
Internal nomination required: Yes