Luce Scholars Program
Internal deadline: October 8, 2018
National deadline: November 1, 2018
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree (by program start date)
- Good health
- Under 30 years of age by June 19th of the year entering program
- Limited (18 weeks max) or no experience in Asia and Asian studies
Award summary and conditions: The Luce Scholars Program offers an intensive experience in Asia for those who would not, in the normal course of their careers, have such exposure. The Luce Scholars Program is experiential rather than academic in nature. Some Scholars are placed at Asian universities in teaching or research capacities, but none is formally enrolled as a student in a college or university and no academic credit is extended.
Application process: online (access the application at: http://www.hluce.org/lsapply.aspx
- Application form
- Contact information form
- Letters of recommendation (4) - range of academic and professional references.
- Official transcript(s)
- Recent passport-size color photos (2); print name on the back of both photos
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Internal nomination required: Yes. Whitman may submit up to three nominees.
National committee interview: Yes
Selection process: An interview with each nominee will be held in November or December in person or via skype or telephone. In early January about 45 finalists will be selected. Each will meet with one of three independent selection committees in early February. Travel expenses will be paid by the Luce Scholars Program. From each committee, five or six Luce Scholars will be chosen.
Announcement date: Recipients will be notified by mid-February.
Contact information: www.hluce.org