National deadline: December 15, 2018 (3:59 p.m. PST)
- Enrolled at a university/college in the United States, Canada or the UK as a full-time student in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences or engineering (or a closely related field)
- Undergraduate within at least two years of a degree program by the time of placement
- Proof of undergraduate status for the academic year 2017/2018 (i.e., that you will still have undergraduate status upon your return to campus).
- German language skills are preferred but not required
Award summary and conditions: RISE is a summer internship program for undergraduate students from the United States, Canada and the U.K. in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences and engineering. RISE offers unique opportunities for undergraduate students to work with research groups at universities and top research institutions across Germany for a period of 2 to 3 months during the summer. RISE interns are matched with doctoral students whom they assist and who serve as their mentors. Program will cover travel costs for award winners in the U.S. and Canada to and from Germany.
Application process: online
- Online application form
- Motivation (cover) letter for each project
- Curriculum vitae
- Official university/college transcript(s)
- List of courses you will have completed by the time the internship begins
- Letter of reference from a senior academic in your field of study from your university
- Cover letter in which you state your motivation to apply for this particular project (projects)
- Certificate of enrollment from the Office of the Registrar
Faculty representative: Keith Raether