DAAD Graduate Study Scholarship in the Arts
Note: For awards pertaining to other fields, please see DAAD Graduate Study Scholarship; the application deadline differs from below.
Architecture application period: June 30, 2020 to September 30, 2020 (2:00 p.m. PT)
Music application period: June 30, 2020 to October 1, 2020 (2:00 p.m. PT)
Performing Arts application period: June 30, 2020 to October 30, 2020 (2:00 p.m. PT)
Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film application period: June 30, 2020 to November 30, 2020 (2:00 p.m. PT)
- U.S. or Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Students in their last year of undergraduate studies at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university
- Recent BA/BS or MA/MS graduates (6 years)
- Graduate students enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university
- Students who are in the first year of Master's programs in Germany may apply to fund their second year
- By the time of application deadline, applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months
Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited
- US or Canadian University for at least two years at the time of application
Applicants in the humanities and social sciences should have a strong command of German
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization/German-Canadian organization concurrently for the same project. Prior recipients of a DAAD grant should contact DAAD New York before applying to determine their eligibility status.
Application process: online
- Signed application form
- Supplemental materials - Please read the guidelines for submitting supplemental materials that are posted on the application website.
- C.V. (Tabular form, your name should appear on each page max 3 pages)
- Study proposal (1-3 pages)
- Evidence of contact with German institution
- DAAD language evaluation - form available online (Sprachzeugnis)
- Letter of recommendation (1; in a sealed envelope)
- Work samples
- Cover sheet to application (generated as PDF after online application is complete)
Hard copy materials to be sent to:
DAAD- German Academic Exchange Service
53175 Bonn, Germany
Notification: Recipients will be notified via email mid April.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether