AAUW Selected Professions Fellowship

  • U.S. citizen or permanent resident (women only)
  • Funding for full-time graduate work in the fields of architecture, computer science, engineering and mathematics
  • http://www.aauw.org

 American-Scandinavian Foundation

Austrian Teaching Assistants (USTA)

Blakemore Freeman Fellowship 

Boren Fellowship

  • U.S. citizen
  • Enrolled in or applying for graduate program at a U.S.  university or college
  • Support for overseas or domestic study in fields critical to national security
  • http://www.borenawards.org/boren_fellowship

Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs

Critical Language Scholarship Program (U.S. Dept. of State)

DAAD Study Scholarship

DAAD Study Scholarship in Visual and Performing Arts

Davis Fellows for Peace

Davis Projects for Peace

Davis-Putter Scholarship

Echoing Green Fellowship

  • Must be at least 18 years of age - international students eligible
  • Awards to "social entrepreneurs" to create organizations for social change
  • http://www.echoinggreen.org/about

El Pomar Fellowship

Emerson Hunger Fellowship

Endeavour Scholarship 

Erasmus Mundus Joint Master's Degree

FAO Schwarz Fellowship

Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowship


French Teaching Assistantship Program (TAPIF)

Fulbright U.S. Student Program

  • U.S. citizens
  • English teaching, research and travel grants in countries all over the world
  • Sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country to communicate with the people and to carry out the proposed study
  • http://us.fulbrightonline.org/

Fulbright - National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowship

Gaither Junior Fellows Program

Gates-Cambridge Scholarship

  • International students eligible
  • Support to pursue graduate degrees at Cambridge
  • Must be admitted to Cambridge independent of the scholarship application
  • http://www.gatescambridge.org/about/

Green Corps

Greenlining Institute Fellowship

Hertz Foundation

  • U.S. citizens, permanent residents
  • Merit-based, consists of a cost-of-education allowance and a personal-support stipend for students who plan for graduate study in the physical and biological sciences, mathematics, or engineering.
  • http://hertzfoundation.org/

HHMI (Howard Hughes Medical Institute) Undergraduate Research Fellowships

Humanity in Action Summer Fellowship Program (HiA)

J.E.T. Program 

  • U.S. citizens
  • Program participants serve in local authorities as well as in public and private elementary, junior and senior high schools in Japan.
  • https://jetprogramusa.org/apply/

Killam Fellowship 

Knight-Hennessy Scholars

Korean Teaching Assistants (TaLK and EPIK)

Luce Scholars Program

Madison Graduate Fellowship

Marshall Scholarship

Mitchell Scholarship

National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship

NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship 


  • U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • Recent graduates not more than two years out of college and planning to apply for graduate school
  • Opportunity to spend one or two years performing full-time research at the NIH in the medical/dental or pharmacological fields
  • https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/postbac_irta

NIH-Oxford-Cambridge Biomedical Scholars Program

National Science Foundation

Payne International Development Fellowship

Pickering Graduate Fellowship

PPIA (Public Policy and International Affairs Program)

Princeton in Africa

Princeton in Asia

Princeton in Latin America

Rangel Graduate Fellowship

Rhodes Scholarship

Rotary Global Grant Scholarship

  • International students eligible
  • Support for graduate studies in six specific areas of education, health and conflict resolution
  • Application must be done through a local Rotary Club
  • https://www.rotary.org/en/global-grants

Scoville Peace Fellowship

  • International students eligible
  • Program to gain Washington, D.C. perspective on peace and security issues
  • 6-9 months as a full-time, paid assistant at a participating organization
  • http://scoville.org/about/mission/

Soros Fellowships for New Americans

  • Resident alien, Green Card holder, naturalized citizen or child of two parents who are naturalized citizens are eligible
  • Stipend and support for two years of graduate study
  • http://www.pdsoros.org/overview/

Spanish Teaching Assistants (NALCA)

SURF/NIST (Boulder or Gaithersburg)

von Humboldt Fellowship

Watson Fellowship

Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowships