Early Financial Aid Guarantee
Stress Less About Financial Aid — Prepare Early
We know that cost plays a big role when it comes to choosing a college. We want to help take the stress out of your decision-making process and make financial aid less confusing. At Whitman College we try to be as transparent as possible to help you make the best decision for you and your family.
That's why we're now offering early financial aid guarantees so you don't have to wait until you are admitted to start thinking about cost. In fact, you can find out before you apply!
If you're a high school senior, you can receive an accurate estimate about how much money in scholarships and financial aid you may receive from Whitman. This is a unique bonus because we give you more time than other schools to consider funding.
How do I request an early financial aid guarantee?
Merit-Based Aid: To find out what you could receive in merit-based scholarships, you'll need to provide:
- Unofficial copy of your high school transcript
Senior year academic schedule
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
Merit- and Need-Based Aid: If you are a U.S. citizen and wish to be considered for both need-based aid and merit scholarships, you'll need to provide the items listed above plus:
International Students: If you are an international student and wish to be considered for both need-based aid and merit scholarships, you'll need to provide the items listed above plus:
- Whitman International Student Financial Aid Application
We'll use this information to calculate the scholarships, grants, loans and work-study for which you qualify.
Early financial aid guarantees are available for current high school seniors, from early August through Dec. 15. After Dec. 15, guarantees may still be available on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Office of Admission at 509-527-5176 or email@example.com if you would like to request a financial aid estimate after December 15.
- If your academic or financial situation changes, your financial aid will also change.
- Submitting an official Whitman College application is not necessary to receive an early financial aid guarantee.
- Admission to Whitman is selective, and the financial aid guarantee is not a guarantee of admission; official applications and documents must still be submitted.
Not a senior, but need an idea about what college might cost? You can use our Net Price Calculator to get a general idea about financial aid.