Rental Shop Summer Employee
|Date: 08/05/2011||Office/Department: Outdoor Program|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage||Supervisor: Outdoor Program Rental Shop Manager|
|Openings: No||Department Head: Outdoor Program Director|
WHITMAN COLLEGE OUTDOOR PROGRAM
The Outdoor Program Rental Shop is a student run, outdoor recreation cooperative sponsored by the Associated Students of Whitman College (ASWC). Our primary function is to assist members of Whitman College and the Walla Walla community in their outdoor pursuits by providing quality rental equipment for backpacking, camping, kayaking, mountaineering, rafting, rock climbing, skiing, and windsurfing. The Rental Shop also plays an active role in campus programming by providing instructional courses, sponsoring events, and hosting speakers in relation to outdoor pursuits.
Job Description for Outdoor Program Rental Shop Student Employees:
Working approximately 5 hours per week in the Rental Shop during peak flow hours and responsible for:
● Checking out rental equipment to customers.
● Answering basic trip and gear usage questions
● Tracking program finances associated with rentals.
Assist with general maintenance of rental equipment:
● Aid in equipment repair, maintenance, and general upkeep.
● Actively participate in inventory tracking.
● Identify areas that need improvement or change.
Assume additional responsibilities as necessary:
● Tackle independent improvement projects as identified.
● Staff rental shop during special shop hours and events.
● Attend staff meetings and trainings.
Year in School: Phone:
The following application qualifies you for consideration as an Outdoor Program Rental Shop employee. Please answer all questions to the best of your ability on a separate sheet of paper.
1) Why would you like to be an Outdoor Program Rental Shop employee?
2) How do you plan to balance your duties in the Rental Shop with academic and campus commitments (i.e. quantity of hours per week, weekday vs. weekend shift)?
3) Please describe your previous customer service experience.
4) In what areas do you demonstrate working knowledge of outdoor equipment?
5) Explain your familiarity with the surrounding region.
6) What additional qualifications can you bring to this position?
Please provide one letter of reference.
Please return this application to Lish Riley (OP Rental Shop manager) for employment consideration.