Outdoor Program Scramble Coordinator
|Date: 10/06/2013||Office/Department: Outdoor Program|
|Starting Wage: Minimum Wage + 25¢||Supervisor: Brien Sheedy|
|Openings: Yes||Department Head: Brien Sheedy|
- Outdoor Program Scramble Coordinator -
Download the Job Description and Application HERE
The Scramble Coordinator is an excellent position for gaining valuable job experience and is a wonderful resume builder. This student will have ideally participated in the Scramble program either as a participant or a leader but all interested students are still encouraged to apply. The position is highly self-directed and includes a lot of responsibility. The schedule is fairly flexible. The coordinator will be able to create their own hours, however, certain times of the year are much busier than others and the coordinator can expect work to be more intensive and time consuming at those times. This individual should expect to work 5-10hrs/wk during the school year and 20hrs/wk during the summer. It is expected that the coordinator will be able to spend the summer in Walla Walla. The coordinator position also has the opportunity to combine the position with OP rental shop employment for full time hours.
Scramble Coordinator Job Description:
- Interview potential Scramble leaders
- Edit and publish the Scramble brochure
- Communicate with leaders and Scramblers
- Work with Whitman staff and administrators
- Complete Scramble sign-ups
- Organize mailings and Scramble packets
- Create the slide show
- Good communication skills
- Knowledgeable about Whitman
- Works well with others
- Must live in Walla Walla this summer
- Free OP gear rentals
- Flexible hours
- Minimum Wage + 25¢
- Fun work atmosphere
- Free intern wellness day trip during summer
- Opportunity for rental shop employment
- Excellent work experience for resume building
This position is a tremendous amount of work, but the product (and the process) is extremely rewarding! If you have questions or are interested in applying, please contact Brien Sheedy, OP Director, in Reid 209 or at email@example.com.
OUTDOOR PROGRAM SCRAMBLE COORDINATOR APPLICATION - 2014 Scrambles
We request that you provide a cover letter addressing the following questions and any other pertinent information. Also include a current resume including two references. Interviews will then be arranged. This application will also be available electronically on the OP website and you can submit application materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you want to be the scramble coordinator?
- What skills and experiences do you bring to the position?
- How will you be able to accommodate 5-10 hours/week of work into your schedule during the semester?
- Can you work 20hrs/week over the summer? If not then please do not apply.
Are you interested in working in the OP rental shop as well during the summer so as to receive a combined total of 40 hours per week?
- Have you been involved with the scramble program in the past?
- Do you plan to be a scramble leader this year?
- Why should we hire you as opposed to someone else?
Please turn in this application to:
Whitman College Outdoor Program
Reid Campus Center Room 209