Regular Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday 4pm-10pm
Friday - Sunday 2pm-6pm
Tuesday - 12pm-1pm Lunch time climb
Come to the Climbing Center to sign up or for more information.
- 9/18/17 - Monday Basics Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 9/21/17 - Thursday Bouldering Route Setting Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 9/28/17 - Monday Movement and Technique Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 10/10/17 - Wednesday Lead Climbing Clinic - Session 1 6:30-9:30pm
- 10/11/17 - Thursday Basics Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 10/17/17 - Wednesday Lead Climbing Clinic - Session 2 6:30-9:30pm
- 10/18/17 - Thursday Crack Climbing Clinic 8:00-9:30pm
- 10/24/17 - Monday Movement and Technique Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 10/26/17 - Thursday Vertical Route Setting Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 10/30/17 - Monday Basics Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
- 11/2/17 - Thursday Lead Climbing Session #1 6:30-9:30pm
- 11/6/17 - Monday Basics 4:30-6:00pm
- 11/8/17 - Wednesday Crack Climbing 8:00-9:30pm
- 11/9/17 - Thursday Lead Climbing Session #2 6:30-9:30pm
- 11/13/17- Monday Basics 4:30-6:00pm
- 11/15/17 - Wednesday Movement and Technique 7:30-9:30pm
- 11/16/17 - Thursday Route Setting Clinic 7:30-9:30pm
About the Climbing Wall
The indoor climbing wall offers a wide variety of routes and climb types. Brien Sheedy, the Outdoor Program director and a mountain climber who has scaled the Seven Summits, helped design the facility. He rates it as one of the most innovative walls in the nation and believes it offers something for all levels of climbing and climbing instruction.
The climbing wall, comprising hundreds of imprint and free-form panels, has a total climbable surface of about 7,000 square feet. The main wall is 104 feet long and 39.24 feet at its highest point. An outer wall of windows allows for natural lighting while providing climbers with protection against ultraviolet sunlight.
The Climbing Center is located on the corner of Park and Boyer Ave, across from Reid Campus Center, and on the south side of Sherwood Athletic Center, at 47 Park Avenue. The Climbing Center must be accessed from SE door. DO NOT GO THROUGH SHERWOOD.
Call the Wall (during operating hours):
Like us on Facebook!