Regular Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday 4pm-10pm
Friday - Sunday 2pm-6pm
Tuesday- (Lunch time climb) 12pm-1pm
Basics Clinics: Learn to Belay
- One 2 Hour Class
- 1/31 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 2/7 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 2/14 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 2/21 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 2/28 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 3/7 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 4/4 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 4/18 - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Lead Clinic: Learn to Lead Climb and Belay
- Two 3 Hour Classes
- Part 1 - 2/13 7:00-10PM, Part 2 - 2/15 7:00-10PM
- Part 1 – 3/6 7:00-10PM, Part 2 - 3/8 7:00-10PM
- Part 1 – 4/10 7:00-10PM, Part 2 - 4/12 7:00-10PM
- Route Setting Clinic - Mon 1/29 6:00PM – 8:00PM
- Gri Gri Clinic - Tues 1/30 5:30PM – 7:00PM
- Movement Clinic - Mon 2/5 8:00PM – 10:00PM
- Crack Clinic - Wed 2/7 5:30PM – 7:00PM
- Route Setting Clinic - Mon 2/19 6:00PM – 8:00PM
- Gri Gri Clinic - Tues 2/20 5:30PM – 7:00PM
- Movement Clinic - Mon 2/28 8:00PM – 10:00PM
- Crack Clinic - Wed 3/7 5:30PM – 7:00PM
- Route Setting Clinic - Mon 4/2 6:00PM – 8:00PM
Come to the Climbing Center to sign up or for more information.
About the Climbing Wall
The indoor climbing wall offers a wide variety of routes and climb types. Brien Sheedy, the Outdoor Program director and a mountain climber who has scaled the Seven Summits, helped design the facility. He rates it as one of the most innovative walls in the nation and believes it offers something for all levels of climbing and climbing instruction.
The climbing wall, comprising hundreds of imprint and free-form panels, has a total climbable surface of about 7,000 square feet. The main wall is 104 feet long and 39.24 feet at its highest point. An outer wall of windows allows for natural lighting while providing climbers with protection against ultraviolet sunlight.
The Climbing Center is located on the corner of Park and Boyer Ave, across from Reid Campus Center, and on the south side of Sherwood Athletic Center, at 47 Park Avenue. The Climbing Center must be accessed from SE door. DO NOT GO THROUGH SHERWOOD.
Call the Wall (during operating hours):
Like us on Facebook!
Climbing Center Manager (General inquiries): Maggie Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
Climbing Center Outreach Coordinator (Kids Clinics, Special Events, Private Events, Ect.): Elizabeth Phillips email@example.com
Whitman College Director of Outdoor Programs: Brien Sheedy firstname.lastname@example.org