Olin Hall 108
Professor Kumar is a passionate teacher. He believes in delivering the content in a simplified way without losing the details of the subject to make learning interesting, enjoyable, and fulfilling. He loves to teach Python, Data Structure, Machine Learning, and Database Management Systems. He is a well-known author and his latest book, “Data Mining and Data Warehousing: Principles and Practical Techniques,” was published by Cambridge University Press. He is also the author of Simplified Approach to DBMS. He is running seven online courses on the Udemy platform. He is also running his YouTube Channel, “Parteek Bhatia: Simplifying Computer Education,” for sharing video sessions on Machine Learning, Big Data, DBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, and NoSQL.
Tel Aviv University, Israel
Ph.D. Computer Science
Thapar University, Patiala, India
M.S Software Systems
Birla institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, India
B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
Research Projects: 07; Funding generated: Approx. 2,46,000 USD
- Development of Explainable AI (XAI) models in collaboration with LAMBDA Lab Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- Principal Investigator: TIET-TAU Funded Digital Village Project under TIET-TAU Center of Excellence for Food Security Tel Aviv University, Israel, Thapar University, Patiala, India and Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana, India.
- Co-Principal Investigator for ongoing three years CSIR funded research project titled “Smart Irrigation and Fertilization System for Precision Agriculture using Internet of Things and Cloud Infrastructure”.
- Recipient of Young Faculty Research Fellowship from Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Govt. of India.
- Acted as Principal Investigator to complete a three-year SEED Division of DST-funded research project titled “Automatic Generation of Sign Language from Hindi Text for Communication and Education of Hearing Impaired people”.
- Acted as Co-Principal Investigator for a research project titled “Innovative Research in Pedagogy with Mini-MOOCs blended with instruction strategies to enhance quality in Higher Education” funded by International Royal Academy of Engineering (UK) of 1,00,000GBP for two years.
- Successfully Completed the DoECT funded three-year research project titled “Development of Indradhanush: An Integrated WordNet for Bengali, Gujarati, Kashmiri, Konkani, Oriya, Punjabi and Urdu” as Co-Principal Investigator.
Publications (Science Citation Indexed Journals)
- Gupta, Anika, Deepak Garg, and Parteek Kumar. "Mining Sequential Learning Trajectories with Hidden Markov Models for Early Prediction of At-Risk Students in e-Learning Environments." IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies(2022).
- Gupta, Swadha, Parteek Kumar, and Raj Kumar Tekchandani. "Facial emotion recognition based real-time learner engagement detection system in online learning context using deep learning models." Multimedia Tools and Applications (2022): 1-30.
- Gupta, Anika, Deepak Garg, and Parteek Kumar. "An ensembling model for early identification of at‐risk students in higher education." Computer Applications in Engineering Education 30, no. 2 (2022): 589-608.
- Rani, Sujata, and Parteek Kumar. “Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis using Dependency Parsing.” Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing3 (2021): 1-19.
- Kumar, Parteek, and Sanmeet Kaur. “Indian Sign Language Generation System.” Computer3 (2021): 37-46
- Goyal, K., Kumar, P. & Verma, K. Food Adulteration Detection using Artificial Intelligence: A Systematic Review. Arch Computat Methods Eng (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11831-021-09600-y [IF: 6.730]
- Banerjee, Sneha, Sawinder Kaur, and Parteek Kumar. “Quote examiner: verifying quoted images using web-based text similarity.” Multimedia Tools and Applications (2019): 1-20.
- Kaur, Sawinder, Parteek Kumar, and Ponnurangam Kumaraguru. "Deepfakes: temporal sequential analysis to detect face-swapped video clips using convolutional long short-term memory." Journal of Electronic Imaging 29.3 (2020): 033013.
- Kaur, Sawinder, Parteek Kumar, and Ponnurangam Kumaraguru. "Detecting clickbaits using two-phase hybrid CNN-LSTM biterm model." Expert Systems with Applications (2020): 113350.
- Sugandhi, Parteek Kumar, and Sanmeet Kaur. "Sign Language Generation System Based on Indian Sign Language Grammar." ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (TALLIP) 19.4 (2020): 1-26.
- Ankita Wadhawan, and Parteek Kumar. “Deep learning-based sign language recognition system for static signs.” Neural Computing and Applications: 1-12, Jan 2020.
- Ankita Wadhawan, and Parteek Kumar. “Sign Language Recognition Systems: A Decade Systematic Literature Review.” Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering (2019): 1-29, Dec 2019.
- Sawinder Kaur, Parteek Kumar, and Ponnurangam Kumaraguru. “Automating fake news detection system using multi-level voting model.” Soft Computing (2019): 1-21.
- Varinder Pal Singh and Parteek Kumar. “Sense disambiguation for Punjabi language using supervised machine learning techniques.” Sādhanā11 (2019): 226, Oct 2019.
- Varinder Pal Singh and Parteek Kumar. “Word sense disambiguation for Punjabi language using deep learning techniques.” Neural Computing and Applications (2019): 1-11, Nov 2019.
- Rupinderdeep Kaur, R. K. Sharma, and Parteek Kumar. “Speaker recognition using particle swarm optimization based support vector machine.” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (2019).
- Rupinderdeep Kaur, R. K. Sharma, and Parteek Kumar. “HMM-based phonetic engine for continuous speech of a regional language.” Modern Physics Letters B24 (2019): 1950295.
- Varinder Pal Singh and Parteek Kumar, “Naive Bayes Classifier for Word Sense Disambiguation of Punjabi Language”, Malaysian Journal of Computer Science, 2018 [IF=0.6]
- Sujata Rani and Parteek Kumar, “A Journey of Indian Languages over Sentiment Analysis: A Systematic Review“, Artificial Intelligence Review, Springer, 2018 [IF=3.8]
- Rupinderdeep Kaur, R. K. Sharma and Parteek Kumar, “ An efficient speaker recognition using quantum neural network”. Modern Physics Letters B, World Scientific Press, 32. 1850384. 10.1142/S0217984918503840.
- Sujata Rani and Parteek Kumar, “Deep Learning based Sentiment Analysis using Convolution Neural Network”, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, 2018 [IF = 1.09]
- Sujata Rani and Parteek Kumar, “Sentiment Analysis of Social Media using Machine Learning Techniques: Social Enablement”, Digital Scholarships in Humanities, Oxford Press, 2018 [IF = 0.56]
- Vaibhav Aggarwal, Parteek Kumar, UNLization of Punjabi text for natural language processing applications, Springer: Sadhana, Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, Vol. 43, No. 6, June 2018: 43-87 (IF:0.476).
- Anika Gupta, Deepak Garg, Parteek Kumar, Analysis of Students’ Ratings of Teaching Quality to Understand the Role of Gender and Socio-Economic Diversity in Higher Education, IEEE Transactions on Education, March 2018. (IF: 1.727)
- Rani, Sujata, and Parteek Kumar. “A Sentiment Analysis System to Improve Teaching and Learning.” IEEE Computer 50(5), May 2017, 36-43. (IF: 1.115)
- Agarwal, Vaibhav, and Parteek Kumar. “A public platform for developing language-independent applications.” Digital Scholarship in the Humanities, Oxford University Press, February, 2017, 33(1), 1-5. (Impact factor: 0.525)
- Agarwal, Vaibhav, and Parteek Kumar. “A Multilingual Cross-Domain Client Application Prototype for UNL-ization and NL-ization for NLP Applications.” Digital Scholarship in the Humanities, Oxford University Press, April, 2016. (Impact factor: 0.525)
- Parteek Kumar, R.K. Sharma, Punjabi DeConverter for generating Punjabi from Universal Networking Language, Springer: Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE C, Vol. 14 No. 3, March 2013: 79-196. (Impact factor 0.415)
- Parteek Kumar, R.K. Sharma, Punjabi to UNL enconversion system, Springer: Sadhana, Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, Vol. 37, No. 2, April 2012:299–318. (Impact factor 0.476)
- Parteek Kumar and R. K. Sharma, “Generation of UNL Attributes and Resolving Relations for Punjabi Enconverter”, Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (ISSN 0127-9084) Vol.24, No.1, March 2011: 34-46. (Impact factor 0.405)
- Parteek Bhatia, Data Mining and Data Warehousing: Principles and Practical Techniques, Cambridge University Press, 2019. Data Mining and Data Warehousing (cambridge.org)
- Parteek Bhatia and Gurvinder Singh, Simplified Approach to DBMS.