von Humboldt (German Chancellor) Fellowship
National deadline: September 15, 2017 (Application Opens March 15, 2017)
- Citizenship in the U.S., Brazil, China, India, Russia*
- Bachelor or comparable academic degree, completed less than 12 years prior to the start date of the fellowship (September 1st of the year following the application)
- English or German language skills
*Note: Applicants who have spent more than six months outside of their home countries at the time of, or shortly before, application should contact the Humboldt Foundation (email@example.com) in advance to ascertain whether they may be ineligible to apply on formal grounds.
Award summary and conditions: the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation's German Chancellor Fellowship Programme targets prospective decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders from a broad range of professional fields such as politics, public administration and business as well as society and culture. The fellowship presents the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad and to explore new solutions to the global issues of our times.
Fellows pursue research-based, self developed projects in the areas mentioned above. Fellows are stationed at host institutions and supervised by hosts (whom they've selected) with the necessary levels of expertise to mentor the respective research topics.
- 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR, or 2,750 EUR per month, depending on applicant's qualifications
- Mobility allowance
- Contribution to health and liability insurance
- Allowance for research costs amounting to 500 EUR per month for the hosts in Germany
- Lump sum for the fellow's travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party
- Allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months
- German courses in the fellow's own country prior to and during stay in Germany
- Europe allowance for a stay of one or two months at an institute in Europe (not, however, in the fellow's own country) if such a stay is necessary to conduct the project in question
- Extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with the collaborative partners in Germany during the alumni's entire profesional career.
Application process: online
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae (4 pages max.)
- Project Plan (approx. 5 pages)
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Host’s statement and confirmation of support
- Certificate of first academic degree and further degrees
- German or English language certificate
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
National committee interview: Yes
Selection process: For additional information on the fellowship, application and selection process see: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/docs/F29497/programme_information.pdf
Contact information: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/4074.html