National deadline: February 15, 2017
- U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Plans to pursue a graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.).
- Physics, material science, chemistry, applied mathematics, computer science, or engineering majors are always encouraged to apply. There may be research opportunities for students with other majors.
Award summary and conditions: The National Institute of Standards and Technology's Gaithersburg, MD Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program is for students majoring in science, mathematics and engineering. Note that applications for participation in the SURF program are only accepted from colleges or universities, and not from individual students.
Application process: online (http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=280404)
- Cover sheet
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Personal statement
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or permanent legal residence, (e.g. copy of birth certificate, passport, or green card)
- institutional application/nomination
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Announcement date: End of March or early April
Contact information: email@example.com