Princeton in Asia
National deadline: (TBA) November 2018, 8:59 PM (PST) (postmarked)
application opens mid- August
- Bachelor's degree
- Native English speaking ability
- Asian language ability not necessary for most teaching positions; non-teaching positions typically require some language skill or specific academic or work experience
- Applicants who receive placement, must attend the 20-hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification course in April
- International students
- Must attend interview sessions at Princeton University, or selected cities on the East Coast, Midwest and West Coast.
- Must attend orientation at Princeton in May
- Valid passport
Award summary and conditions: Princeton in Asia (PiA) is dedicated to offering these experiences to as diverse and talented an applicant pool as possible. Princeton in Asia will work with each applicant to ensure that financial considerations do not preclude anyone from applying or participating in these service opportunities. Salary and housing are provided. In addition, group medical insurance is provided.
Fellows should expect to cover the costs of:
- $60 application fee
- $550 contribution paid upon acceptance of a PiA posting. This contribution represents only a fraction of the total costs of arranging a fellowship. Payment is mandatory for all accepted fellows.
- Transportation and housing expenses for trips to interviews in January.
- Transportation expenses to Princeton, NJ in mid-April for TEFL and mid-May for orientation. (Housing and most meals will be arranged for you during this weekend).
- Vaccination and pre-departure health expenses.
- Visa application fees.
- Round-trip transportation to Asia for most positions.
- TEFL certification course where applicable- the course offered at Princeton costs $150 and will be held mid-April.
Application process: online and hard-copy materials
Online application requirements:
- $60 application fee
- Application form
- Essays (3)
- "Put Yourself Out There" video (30-60 seconds)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scan of passport information page
- Scan of passport photo
Hard copy application requirements:
- Official transcripts (study abroad transcripts not required)
- Letter of reference (1) - a signed, original letter, including the phone number and email address of the writer
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
National committee interview: Yes
Contact information: http://piaweb.princeton.edu/contact-us