National deadline: February 1, 2016 (postmark)
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time undergraduate student
- Superior academic achievement. There is no GPA requirement, but an impressive GPA will strengthen any application
- Receipt of undergraduate degree in Spring 2017 or beyond
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in French is required for study at Francophone universities.
- Nominated by home university
Award summary and benefits:
- US $5,000 for one semester
- $500 (Canadian currency) allowance for health insurance
- $800 (Canadian currency) allowance for in-country travel
- Fall Killam orientation in Ottawa (travel costs, room and board)
- Spring seminar in Washington, D.C. (travel costs, room and board)
Limited funds are available on a competitive, need-determined basis to students from private universities to help offset tuition differentials.
Applicants must apply to three Canadian universities. Be aware that application deadlines for some schools may precede the Killam application deadline.
Application process: Hard copy mailed to Killam Fellowship Program. The application is posted at http://www.killamfellowships.
- Application form
- Personal statement (one page, max., single-spaced)
- Curriculum vitae (3 pages max.)
- Course selection form
- Confidential reference forms (two)
- Official transcript (sealed)
- Photocopy of passport (preferred), or birth certificate, or other documentation that verifies citizenship.
- English language proficiency report if first language is not English
- French Language proficiency report if first language is not French
Note: The Office of Fellowships and Grants requires proof that the Off-Campus Study Leave application (http://www.whitman.edu/ocs) has been filed with the Office of Off-Campus Studies by the application deadline.