Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Internal deadlines: TBA- September 2018 (U.S. applicants);
TBA-November 2018 (international applicants and U.S. citizens living abroad)
National deadlines: TBA- October 2018 (U.S. applicants);
TBA- December 2018 (international applicants and U.S. citizens living abroad)
- Citizen of any country outside the UK.
- Applying to pursue in one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g., MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
- Admission to Cambridge through the university's normal academic procedures.
Award summary and conditions: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to communities and applying knowledge and talents to improve the lives of others. A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at University of Cambridge.
Application process: online
Application requirements: All applicants apply for admission as a graduate student to the University of Cambridge and for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship through one application.
- GRADSAF application form
- Personal statement (500 word)
- References, academic (2)
- Reference, personal (1)
- English language test scores (if first language is not English)
- Supplemental documents as required for admission to the course (e.g., research proposal, example of written work etc.) See the individual department/course website for details.)
Whitman internal application process: A complete application is required at the internal deadline.
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Announcement date: All candidates are notified within a week of their national interviews.
Contact information: http://www.gatescambridge.org/about/contact/