Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Internal deadlines: September 11, 2017 (U.S. applicants); November 17, 2017 (international applicants and U.S. citizens living abroad)
National deadlines: October 11, 2017 (U.S. applicants); December 6, 2017 (international applicants and U.S. citizens living abroad)
- Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Matriculation in one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g., MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
- Admission to Cambridge through the university's normal academic procedures.
Award summary and conditions: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to communities and applying knowledge and talents to improve the lives of others. A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at University of Cambridge.
Application process: online and hard copy
Application requirements: All applicants apply for admission as a graduate student to the University of Cambridge and for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship through one application.
- GRADSAF application form
- References, academic (2)
- Reference, personal (1)
- English language test scores (if first language is not English)
- Supplemental documents as required for admission to the course (e.g., research proposal, example of written work etc.) See the individual department/course website for details.)
Note: Final letters of recommendation from references are due 14 days after submission of application. References receive e-mail notification and instructions from Cambridge about their letters only after the candidate has submitted her application. Applicants should inform recommenders about this process well ahead of the application deadline. Draft letters from recommenders are due by the internal application deadline.
Whitman internal application process: A complete application is required at the internal deadline.
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Announcement date: All candidates are notified within a week of their national interviews.
Contact information: http://www.gatescambridge.org/about/contact/