Internal deadline: 25 September, 2015 (U.S. applicants) November 13, 2015 (international students)
National deadline: October 14, 2015 - deadline for all new U.S. applicants to apply to Board of Graduate Studies for admission and a Gates scholarship (strict deadline). December 2, 2015 - deadline for all other new applicants, and U.S. students currently studying at Cambridge and wishing to continue (strict deadline).
- Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Pursuing one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
- Admitted to Cambridge through the University's normal academic procedures.
Award summary and conditions: The Trustees are required to award scholarships on the basis of a person's intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to their communities and applying their talents and knowledge to improve the lives of others. A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge
Application process: online and hardcopy
Application requirements: All applicants apply simultaneously for admission as a graduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship using the one application pack. The Trust does not admit or place scholars. Applicants may submit by hard copy or online.
- GRADSAF application form
- References, academic (2)
- Reference, personal (1)
- English language test scores (if first language is not English)
- Supplemental documents as required for admission to the course - e.g. research proposal, example of written work etc. (see the individual department/course website for details)
Note: Your reference letters are due 14 days after an application submission, as the email notification will only go out to the referee once the candidate has submitted their application. It is wise to contact a referee ahead of the process so they will be able to work within the two-week time frame.
Whitman internal application process: A complete application will be required at the internal deadline.
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Announcement date: All candidates are informed of the results of their interview within a week of the interview.
Contact information: http://www.gatescambridge.org/contact/