First internal deadline (full application): September 16, 2016
Final internal deadline: October 7, 2016
National deadline: October 11, 2016
- U.S. citizen at the time of application
- B.A. degree or the equivalent (see website for equivalent definitions) before the start of the grant
- Good health. Grantees will be required to submit a satisfactory Medical Certificate of Health from a physician
- Proficiency in the written and spoken language of desired host country
- Allows for individually designed study/research or an English teaching assistantship in a single country.
- Facilitates cultural exchange through direct interaction in the classroom, field, home, and in daily tasks thereby gaining an appreciation of others' viewpoints and beliefs, customs and approaches to daily life.
- Promotes mutual understanding through community engagement in an atmosphere of openness, academic integrity, and intellectual freedom.
Application process: online (Embark: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/usa/28/ )
- Biographical information
- Statement of Grant Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Letter(s) of Affiliation for Research/Study Applicants (May be required-consult the country summary)
- Language Report Forms (May be required-consult the country summary)
- Form 7: Language Background Report
- Form 7A: Critical Language Enhancement Award Supplementary Form
- Form 8: Foreign Language Evaluation
- Academic -Letters of recommendation (3)
- ETA - Responses to prompts from qualified recommenders
- FORM 9A: References for Research/Study Grants
- FORM 9B: ETA Reference Forms
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Form 11: Creative and Performing Arts Supplementary Form and Materials
**Please be sure that your recommenders know that the internal deadline is the date by which they must have submitted your letters of recommendation. The prompt they receive from the Fulbright software system for applying (Embark) may indicate the national deadline rather than Whitman's internal deadline.
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Internal committee: Yes
Internal interview: Yes
Internal nomination required: No. However, a campus evaluation form is completed following the interview and forwarded with each application to the national committee.
National committee interview: No