The Fulbright-mtvU Award Program has been suspended. As a result, no applications will be accepted for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Seniors or recent graduates but preference given to graduating seniors who meet all host country's requirements
- U.S. citizen
- Proficient in the spoken and written language of the host country
Award summary and conditions:
Up to four awards will be available to pursue projects that promote "the power of music" as a global force for mutual understanding. Preference will be given to creative projects that are conveyed in a dynamic fashion and are accompanied by a feasible plan. As part of the Fulbright application, applicants must submit a Documentation and Outreach Plan describing how they intend to share their activities with their peers during their Fulbright year abroad through mtvU print, broadcast and/or online mediums.
Application process: online
- Biographical data
- Statement of Grant Purpose
- Letter(s) of Affiliation for Research/Study applicants (may be required-consult the country summary)
- Personal Statement
- Language Report Forms (may be required-consult the country summary)
- Form 7: Language Background Report
- Form 7A: Critical Language Enhancement Award Supplementary Form
- Form 8: Foreign Language Evaluation
- Recommendations (3):
- Form 9A: References for Research/Study Grants
- Form 9B: ETA Reference Forms
- Form 11: Creative and Performing Arts Supplementary Form and Materials (if required)
- Documentation and Outreach Plan (in Embark system)
Note: In addition, applications in the Creative and Performing Arts require the submission of supplementary materials (work samples) in support of the written application. Guidelines for scanning and uploading these materials can be found at http://us.fulbrightonline.org/required-supplementary-materials-for-arts-applicants.
Complete instructions and technical support for uploading materials are on DecisionDesk.
DecisionDesk is a separate website not associated with the Embark Online application. All applicants in the Creative and Performing Arts must also complete the Supplementary Materials Record Form 11 in the Embark Online Application. Pieces should be carefully itemized on this form since it will be used as a record during the competition. Materials not listed on the accompanying Form 11 will not be presented to screening committees.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
Internal interview: No
National committee interview: No
Contact information: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/types_mtvu.html