National deadline: January 15, 2017 (Opens December 1, 2016)
Letters of recommendation due January 22, 2017
- Enrolled at a university/college in the United States, Canada or the UK as a full-time student in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences or engineering (or a closely related field)
- Undergraduate within at least two years of a degree program by the time of placement
- Proof of undergraduate status for the academic year 2016/2017 (i.e., that you will still have undergraduate status upon your return to campus).
- German language skills are preferred but not required
Award summary and conditions: RISE is a summer internship program for undergraduate students from the United States, Canada and the U.K. in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences and engineering. RISE offers unique opportunities for undergraduate students to work with research groups at universities and top research institutions across Germany for a period of 2 to 3 months during the summer. RISE interns are matched with doctoral students whom they assist and who serve as their mentors.
Application process: online
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Official university/college transcript(s)
- List of courses you will have completed by the time the internship begins
- Letter of reference from a senior academic in your field of study from your university
- Cover letter in which you state your motivation to apply for this particular project (projects)
- Certificate of enrollment from the Office of the Registrar
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
Announcement date: You will be notified at the beginning of March 2017 whether your application has been successful.