Deadline: October 31, 2016 5pm EST (Fine Art, Design, Film, Music, as well as Performing Arts (Drama, Direction, Dance, Choreography, etc.)
Deadline: September 30, 2016 5pm EST (Architecture)
- Students at an accredited North American university
- Recent BA or MA graduates who completed their last degree no longer than 6 years ago by the application deadline date
- Graduates students enrolled full-time at an accredited North American university
- PhD candidates must have achieved ABD status no longer than four years before applying. Postdocs may apply until two years after completion of their PhD
- Students who are in the first year of Master's programs in Germany may apply to fund their second year
- By the time of application deadline, applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months.
- Applicants should be US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian University for at least two years at the time of application.
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization/German-Canadian organization concurrently for the same project.
Application process: online and hard copy
- Signed application form
- Supplemental materials - Please read the guidelines for submitting supplemental materials that are posted on the application website.
- Curriculum vitae (Your name should appear on each page)
- Study proposal: A precise description of your study plans. The proposal (excluding references) five to six pages, double spaced, max.
- Letter of recommendation (1)
- Evidence of contact with German institution
- DAAD language evaluation - form available online (Sprachzeugnis)
Hard copies of application should be sent to:
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Study Scholarship for Performing and Visual Arts
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY
Notification: Recipients will be notified via email mid-April
Faculty representative: Keith Raether