Application deadline: October 31, 2015 (postmark)
- US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian University for at least two years at the time of application.
- Recent BA or MA graduates (6 years out)
- Graduate students enrolled full-time at an accredited North American university
- PhD candidates must have achieved ABD status no longer than four years before applying. Postdocs may apply until two years after completion of their PhD
- Students in first year of Master's programs in Germany may apply to fund their second year
- At the time of application deadline, applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months.
Application process: online (https://www.daad.org/onlineapplications)
- Signed application form
- Supplemental materials - Please read the guidelines for submitting supplemental materials that are posted on the application website
- Curriculum Vitae (Your name should appear on each page)
- Study proposal: A precise description of your study plans. The proposal (excluding references) should be not more than five to six pages in length, double spaced. You should pay careful attention to theoretical and methodological planning and you should make it very clear exactly what you propose to do in Germany, as well as an explanation of why a stay in Germany is absolutely essential to your project. Your name should appear on each page.
- Letter of recommendation (1) on university letterhead, from a professor at a North American institution in your field of study. Please request that your professor includes two copies with the original letter in a sealed envelope.
- Evidence of contact with German institution
- DAAD language evaluation - form available online (Sprachzeugnis)
Sending in your application:
Make two (2) duplicates of the Application Summary, submitting A TOTAL OF THREE (3) SETS and the original letter of recommendation in one package. DO NOT staple. Please send your complete application package WITHIN ONE WEEK AFTER THE DEADLINE. You may submit your application in advanced of the deadline date, but it will not be processed until after the deadline to assure fairness to all applicants.
Mail your application to:
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Study Scholarship for Performing and Visual Arts
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Please keep a copy of your application for your records.
Notification: Recipients will be notified via email mid-April
Faculty representative: Keith Raether