DAAD Study Scholarship in Visual and Performing Arts
Deadline: TBA-October 2018 (Music, as well as Performing Arts (Drama, Direction, Dance, Choreography, etc.)
Deadline: TBA-November 2018 (Visual)
Deadline: TBA-September 2018 (Architecture)
- Students at an accredited North American university
- Recent BA or MA graduates who completed their last degree no longer than 6 years ago by the application deadline date
- Graduates students enrolled full-time at an accredited North American university
- PhD candidates must have achieved ABD status no longer than four years before applying. Postdocs may apply until two years after completion of their PhD
- Students who are in the first year of Master's programs in Germany may apply to fund their second year
- By the time of application deadline, applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months.
- Applicants should be US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian University for at least two years at the time of application.
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization/German-Canadian organization concurrently for the same project.
Application process: online and hard copy
- Signed application form
- Supplemental materials - Please read the guidelines for submitting supplemental materials that are posted on the application website.
- Curriculum vitae (Your name should appear on each page)
- Study proposal: A precise description of your study plans. The proposal (excluding references) one to three pages.
- Recommendation (1)
- Evidence of contact with German institution
- DAAD language evaluation - form available online (Sprachzeugnis)
Hard copies of application should be sent to:
DAAD- German Academic Exchange Service
53175 Bonn, Germany
Notification: Recipients will be notified via email mid April.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether