National deadline: January 10, 2016 online application and hard copy components
- Women who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Academic excellence
- Women who are currently pursuing or intend to pursue a master's degree in the fields of architecture, computer science, engineering, mathematics or statistics.
*In the fields of business administration, law and medicine, the fellowship is only open to women who are ethnic minorities.
Award summary: American Association of University Women (AAUW) Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded to women who intend to pursue a full-time course of study at accredited U.S. institutions during the fellowship year in one of the designated degree programs where women's participation traditionally has been low.
For more information on particulars visit: http://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/educational-funding-and-awards/selected-professions-fellowships/selected-professions-fellowships-application/
Application process: online and hard copy (see website above for complete instructions)
Online application requirements:
- Proposed fellowship project
- Academic/professional background
- Career plans and professional goals
- Narrative autobiography
- Letters of recommendation (3)
Hard copy requirements*:
- Official transcripts of postsecondary academic work from all institutions where degrees were earned
- Official transcript for graduate work currently in progress.
- Filing Fee $35 (nonrefundable)
*Separate instructions are in place for architecture and law students. Please refer to the AAUW website.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (319) 688-4334
Mailing address: AAUW Career Development Grants c/o ACT Inc. P.O. Box 4030 Iowa City, IA 52243-4030