- The written exam is typically scheduled during the third weekend of the Fall of the senior year, and is announced by the department chair.
- A brief note about the written exam (NOT CURRENT. This is currently under review)
- Sample Written Exam (NOT CURRENT. This is currently under review)
- The Oral Exams will take place on the first Saturday of the spring semester and are one hour per student.
- Seniors, in consultation with their advisers, will specify whether they wish to be tested over Real Analysis or Abstract Algebra. This choice should be made known to the chair of the math department by the end of the fall semester.
- A schedule of exam times and exam committees for each student will be published near the end of the fall semester.
- In addition to their chosen subject test, students will be tested over the list of Common Topics for the Mathematics Major.
Letter of Reference?
Need a letter of reference? Please use this form (and supporting documents). You may instead use this fillable form.