This page is intended to be a helpful place to find links to resources about and related to Gender Studies, Women and Feminist Issues, LGBTQIA+ Resources, and more. Explore the categories below to learn more about resources on campus, in Walla Walla, and all over the world.
Below you will find a list of helpful links for on campus resources both in the study of and related to Gender and Sexuality Studies:
- Penrose Library Gender Studies Subject Guide
- LGBTQIA+ Resources including SafeZone Training and Workshop information, FAQ, and Resources for LGBTQIA+ students.
- David Nord Award Information -- an annual prize given for projects designed to address critical issues facing queer communities through a variety of creative and scholarly mediums.
- Resources for Survivors of Sexualt Assault can be found on the Whitman College, Resources and Support website.
Below you will find a list of links beyond the Whitman campus including links to Walla Walla area resources as well as national resources for information, volunteer opportunities, and futher reference:
- Volunteer Locally with Triple Point Walla Walla, a group dedicated to empowering LGBTQI youth in the Walla Walla community through education, safety, support, and acceptance
- Rainbow Alliance of Walla Walla
- Community Pride Walla Walla
- Walla Walla AAUW Branch
- YWCA Walla Walla
- GLAAD Media Reference Guide - National Directory of Community Resources
Below you will find a list of helpful links to websites applicable to the study of Gender and Sexuality including databases, articles, and reputable news sources:
- Stanford University's Women's Community Center List of Feminist Websites, Blogs, and Resources
- GLAAD Media Reference Guide is a (not all inclusive) but extensive glossary guide to telling LGBTQIA+ stories fairly and accurately
- Article, "Somewhere, Away From It All" in the New York Times about Rural Queer Community in Northwestern Washignton State written by Whitman Alum Molly Walls
- Joan Korenman maintains a Women's Studies / Women's Issues resource sites page, as well as a page of Gender-Related Electronic Forums.
- The Center for Women's Global Leadership at Rutgers
- United Nations Women