Chemistry Department Research
Participating in research can be an impactful experience in your Whitman undergraduate chemistry career, especially if you are interested in pursuing chemical research after Whitman in graduate school or in industry. Students who are interested in joining a Chemistry Faculty's Research Group should...
- Attend the Chemistry Research Recruiting Talks in the Fall Semester.
- Talk to any professors you may be interested in working for (now through first week of December). Email the Chemistry Professor to set up a meeting time to find out more about research projects. (While meeting with a faculty is not required to complete the application below, it is strongly encouraged.)
- How does that particular lab work?
- Are there any additional application steps required?
- What is the funding situation?
- Fill out the chemistry online application (link below) and list labs/PIs that you would be enthusiastic to join in order of preference.
- If matched with a lab (which will be announced before the end of the semester), complete any additional application and/or funding materials.
Due 12pm Friday, December 6, 2019
Positions are not guaranteed so be sure to explore other options!