Learning Skills Handouts
Learning how to effectively plan your time at Whitman is both challenging and rewarding. We here at the Academic Resource Center are here to help! We have planning documents intended to help you plan your course of study while at Whitman, such as our Four-Year Planner or Semester Planner, as well as documents designed for Time/Schedule Management, such as the weekly Master Schedule and the Assignment Tracker.
Course of Study
- Registration Planner: Map out your semester schedule prior to registration, with space for multiple options. This is especially useful if your registration time is later in the day and you find yourself needing a back-up class.
- Four-Year Planner with Graduation Requirements Checklist
- Distribution Requirements: List of classes that satisfy Whitman's distribution requirements. Class offerings are subject to change so it is best to check with the course instructor or the registrar for confirmation. Your Academic Evaluation, visible in your my.whitman.edu profile, is also a useful resource for tracking progress and planning ahead.
- Am I Ready to Declare My Major?: A flowchart with clickable content designed to help students decide on, and navigate the process of declaring, a major. (Mouse or touchpad required for full functionality.)
- Possible Major Planner: Intended for students that may have narrowed down their number of potential majors to two or three, this planner helps you envision your academic future and decide which major is the most appealing and attainable.
- Semester Planner 2018-2019: This planner gives you a complete semester at a glance, so you can keep the big picture in mind.
- Critical Reading Strategies
- Motivation and Procrastination
- Note-Taking Strategies
- Setting Goals
- Study Strategies
- Test Taking Strategies
- Using Professor's Office Hours