Life in Walla Walla
Walla Walla, Washington, is a beautiful community located in the foothills of the Blue Mountains. The city is home to more than 30,000 people, three institutions of higher education, and thriving agricultural and viticultural industries. Walla Walla experiences ample sunshine and all four seasons, with dry summers and mild winters.
Our serene setting, friendly community and growing wine industry has placed Walla Walla at the top of many must-see travel lists. In 2019, Travel + Leisure named Walla Walla a must visit for wine lovers. It's also frequently lauded for the charming, historic Main Street, which is home to boutique shops and gourmet restaurants. Our award-winning Main Street is within walking distance of Whitman's campus, and students can often be found studying and hanging out in downtown coffee shops and patisserries.
Walla Walla Rankings and Recognition
- "Best Wine Town", 2018, Sunset Magazine
- "The 50 Best Plaes to Travel in 2018," Travel + Leisure
- "The Ten Most Beautiful Towns in Washington", 2015, The Culture Trip
- "Wonderful Walla Walla," March 7, 2014, Alaska Airlines Magazine
- "One of the 10 best small towns in America," 2013, Fodor's
- "One of the world's 10 best wine travel destinations," 2014, Wine Enthusiast
- Home to "One of 100 best modern courses," 2014, Golfweek
- "Best Main Street," Sunset Magazine
- "Friendliest small town in America," 2011, USA Today
Interested in visiting Walla Walla? Whitman College Office of Admission offers campus visits for prospective students and their families year-round. Plan your visit today.