President's Sustainability Advisory Committee
The mission of the Sustainability Advisory Committee is to promote a respect for and commitment to environmental awareness and responsibility within the Whitman College community. This dedicated group of faculty, staff, and students meets monthly to develop a direction for an increased commitment to sustainability campus-wide. The Committee is chaired by the Campus Sustainability Coordinator.
Our purpose is to:
- Undertake a leadership role in representing members of the Whitman College community on sustainability issues
- Promote a lifelong commitment to environmental stewardship among members of the Whitman community through programs of education and awareness
- Support and promote the initiatives of students, staff, and faculty that serve to enhance the College’s sustainability
- Develop recommendations to the administration that further the College’s long-range environmental goals
- Uphold the environmental principles of the College and advocate for practices aimed at reducing Whitman’s impact on the environment
Core documents: 2016 Climate Action Plan
Caroline Ashford Arya
Meetings are open to the campus community.
|Meeting||Agenda||Presentation Materials||Additional Materials||Minutes|
|November 14, 2016 1:00-2:00pm Physical Plant Conference Rm||Agenda 11/14/16||Presentation 11/14/16||Materials 11/14/16||Minutes 11/14/16|
|December 15, 2016 11:00-12:00pm Reid Campus Center Rm G02||Agenda 12/15/16||NA||Materials 12/15/16||Minutes 12/15/16|
|February 24, 2017 1:00- 2:00pm Reid Campus Center Rm 207||Agenda 2/24/17||Sustainability Report||Materials 02/24/17|
|April 26, 2017 11:00-12:00pm Baker Center Board Room||Agenda 04/26/17||ASWC Zero Waste Plan||Materials 04/26/17||Minutes 04/26/2017|