Director, ASWC Sound & Lights
|Date: 08/02/2011||Office/Department: ASWC|
|Starting Wage:||Supervisor: Anne Bauer|
|Openings: No||Department Head:|
Director, ASWC Sound and Lights
The position of Director of ASWC Sound and Lights is a volunteer position with a stipend. The Director of ASWC Sound and Lights is responsible for running and coordinating ASWC Sound and Lights but is NOT an active member of the crew. The Director is responsible for the following areas:
- Hiring, dismissing, and evaluating members of the Sound and Lights crew;
- Scheduling the various resources of Sound and Lights, including but not limited to crew, equipment, venues, and truck use;
- Serving as the point of contact for event requests;
- Serving as the representative in the case of non-technical issues;
- Billing for events supported;
- Attending weekly ASWC programming meetings and occasional other meetings;
- Maintaining office hours;
- Purchasing new equipment;
- Coordinating repair and replacement of broken equipment;
- Completing performance evaluations for all crew members at the end of each semester;
- Expanding the inventory and abilities of ASWC Sound and Lights by purchasing equipment and organizing crew training.
The position of Director shall be available to all members of the Associated Students of Whitman College (ASWC). The Director will be hired during Spring semester and will begin training immediately. The dates of the position correspond with the fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). Any person wishing to apply must be able to commit for the entire fiscal year. Summer duties include coordinating events for Opening Week. The Director works under the Programming Chair and is subject to approval by the Programming Committee and the Advisor to ASWC Sound and Lights. The Director of ASWC Sound and Lights and the Director of Student Activities shall define policies, procedures, equipment rental rates, and hours wage rates for ASWC Sound and Lights and shall post them on the ASWC website.
Contact Anne Bauer at: email@example.com for more information.